info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
18621325

My kindle somehow crashed, and it showed a screen with

Customer Question

my kindle somehow crashed, and it showed a screen with several options, one of which was to reboot. so we clicked on that. but then it went completely black. I plugged it in to charge it, but it is still completely black and won't turn on at all. What the heck?
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: it's not a tv, it's an amazon kindle fire.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just happened yesterday for the first time since I got the kindle last april. just tried to reboot the system
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's it for now!
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page) 3 to 5 stars click submit thanks again

Regards

Anthony

How is this working out please?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
just fine!

That is good news!

I only receive credit fro the site when you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page (3 to 5 stars then click submit) if you do not see the rating bar or have trouble with it just indicate how many stars you would like to give thank you

Anthony