E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I have an AMAZONKINDLE when switching it on I receive half a

Customer Question
page of cover picture (...
I have an AMAZONKINDLE when switching it on I receive half a page of cover picture ( which you get when the kindle is switched off) and the bottom half is the page I was reading.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is about 5 years old model no D009901 FCC ID X7N0810
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only since this morning dont really know what to do. swirtching on and off tried paging it does page but half the page is obscured by the picture
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to know if it can be repaired?
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/5/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 10 months ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

It does sound like a bad display and that is not economically feasible to repair however please try this>>

reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page) 3 to 5 stars click submit thanks again

Regards

Anthony

How is this working out please?

Is this working now please?

Anthony

info tech
info tech
info tech, Technician