info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
18621325

The font on the Kindle Fire for all books is grey instead of

Customer Question

The font on the Kindle Fire for all books is grey instead of black. How do I fix it?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Band new Fire bought for Christmas
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About a week. We changed the Color to white, green, sepia, black. It works, but black is not black. It's grey.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page) 3 to 5 stars click submit thanks again

Regards

Anthony

Do you need any more help please?

Do you need anymore help with this please?

If you do please let me know, if you are now OK could you please rate the info positively 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, I am an independent technician I only receive credit from the site when you rate me favorably thank you.

Anthony