info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
18621325

My kindle will not turn on! The battery lite (green) was on

Customer Question

My kindle will not turn on! The battery lite (green) was on and no matter how many times I closed the cover and tried to turn it on nothing happened. I pressed the other button and got the green lite to come then tried to start it again and still nothing. I've pluggrd it into a power source and got the charging lite (amber) to come back on.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page) 3 to 5 stars click submit thanks again

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I did as you recommended, 4 times for 40 seconds and the Kindle restarted BUT all my libary is gone!!! How do I recover the 100+ books I had.

All your books are archived at amazon, you just need to sign into your amazon account and they will be there

Do you need anymore help with this please?

If you do please let me know, if you are now OK could you please rate the info positively 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, I am an independent technician I only receive credit from the site when you rate me favorably thank you.

Anthony