Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I got a new password and still can't get into my account to

Customer Question

I got a new password ***** still can't get into my account to order books on my nook *****@******.*** .I called the book and was told to wait 30 min and still couldn,t get in.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is one of the first one nade no.flt101001112434879 micro
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just started to use again,everything seems to be working ,I can,t get bthe password ***** to work
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. I'm sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

Just to be sure that I clearly understand the problem, I'll need to ask a few questions.

1. Does your Nook connect to wifi or do you have to connect it to your computer via cable to download books?

2. Can you sign in to the Barnes and Noble website at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ or is that where you are running into trouble?

3. How long has it been since you last tried to login?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just tried to get into my account now,wi-fi is on ,I just to get my new password ***** my nook.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for that information. Since they told you to wait 30 minutes before you tried again, I am guessing that your account was locked as a result of trying to get in too many times. When you click on the link below, please click on SIGN IN. Next click on FORGOT YOUR PASSWORD? Type in your email address and click continue. Next, choose SEND A LINK TO MY EMAIL or ANSWER A SECURITY QUESTION. Please let me know the results.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

When you are able to successfully log into your Barnes and Noble account, you will need to use the same email address and password ***** your Nook.