E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Having trouble charging battery. Yellow light does not stay

Customer Question
Having trouble charging battery....
Having trouble charging battery. Yellow light does not stay on even thought USB is connected and icon on reader indicates it is charging.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's 2.5 years old - number on back: CEO700
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's been doing this for about 6 months - this is my first tech support attempt
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: If I jiggle cord the yellow light will come on but will not stay on. Cord is a replacement but it did successfully charge my friends kindle.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
1/2/2017
Electronics Technician: info tech, Technician replied 1 year ago
info tech
info tech, Technician

Hello

Welcome

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you need more help

A positive rating is appreciated thank you (rating bar of stars top of the page) 3 to 5 stars click submit thanks again

Regards

Anthony

Do you need anymore help with this please?

Anthony

If you do please let me know, if you are now OK could you please rate the info positively 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of the page, I am an independent technician I only receive credit from the site when you rate me favorably thank you.

Anthony

info tech
info tech
info tech, Technician