E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I purchased an iPad air2 and want to register it with my

Customer Question
kindle account. I also...
I purchased an iPad air2 and want to register it with my kindle account. I also removed all devices from kindle. I have an ipad2 and an iPhone 6 . I have several books in my account. I have also used overdrive with my kindle app for reading. How can I accomplish this?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: The device is an IPad Air 2. I also want to re-register my iPhone 6. I have the Kindle reading app on these devices.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried several things...after trying to register my new iPad air2 several times, I decided to remove all devices from my account and now I am completely lost. My account is registered as***@******.***. My password ***** *****
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only wish to now add iPad air2 and iphone6, and reinstate my ipad2 so I will have access to my book purchases.
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
1/2/2017
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 10 months ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, software, phones, tablets, e-readers, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Please download the Kindle Reading App on both your iPhone and your iPad. On each device please do the following:

1. From your device, tap the Kindle app icon.
  2. Enter your Amazon account information.
  3. Tap Sign In.

Your Kindle content appears under the Cloud tab.

Note: To view or change your registration on an iPad, tap the Settings icon on the app Home screen. To view or change your registration on an iPhone or iPad touch, tap the Menu icon on the app Home screen, then tap Settings.

Once you have the App installed and registered on each device, the following steps will help you to find the books that you want from your Amazon account.

To download titles your device must be connected to a wireless or data network, but you do not need to connect your device to a wireless or data network to view titles that you have already downloaded.

• View all content in your Kindle library: Tap the Menu icon and then tap All Items.
  • Switch between content stored in the cloud and on the device: While in a content library, tap the Cloud and Device option at the bottom of the screen.
  • Check for recently purchased content: Tap the Menu icon and then tap Sync.
  • Remove content from your device: While in a content library, press and hold an item, and then select the Remove from Device option.
  • Sort content on your home screen:
    • Sort by content type: Tap the Menu icon to sort content by All Items, Books, Newsstand, Docs, or Collections.
    • Filter by title, author, or recent: Tap the Sort icon to sort titles by Recent, Title, or Author.
  • Change the display of your content:
    • Display title covers in a grid: Tap the Grid icon.
    • Display the title covers in a list: Tap the List icon.
  • Find audio companions for your Kindle books: If your Kindle book can be upgraded with audio (i.e. an Audible version is available), you’ll see an Audio Companions option in the left navigation menu of your Kindle reading app or Read & Listen within the book’s own left navigation menu. After you download an audio companion, you can listen as your book is read to you with professional narration. Audiobooks are sold and delivered by Audible, an Amazon company.

Regarding Overdrive, I also use that through my library. After I "checkout" the book in Overdrive, i have the option to "GET KINDLE BOOK (from Amazon). After I've done that, the book appears in my Kindle library until the loan period expires or until I return the book. It may work slightly differently between library systems.

Please give this a try and let me know the results. If this resolves your problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. If you need more help, please let me know. I am committed to working with you until your problem has been resolved. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech