Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I receive a message that my wireless settings are Lost when

Customer Question

I receive a message that my wireless settings are Lost when I try to purchase another book. How do I reconnect.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: this is a Kindle Fire
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: For almost a month. I tried to connect to another source during a bus trip on Dec. 5th. I did not successfully connect but stopped my effort when I started loosing games that day. I did use the help line last week to restore the lost games. I did not realize that I could not connect until about three days ago and did not have time to research my problem at that time. I am not very savvy with the operations of the Kindle... sure do need help.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I do not think so.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 9 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. What's the make / model of your internet modem / router device?

Can you press and hold the power on / off button on your Kindle Fire for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on. Then swipe down from the top, then tap on the option Wi-Fi or Wireless, then tap on your Wi-Fi / wireless network name, and connect, then what happens? Is there any error or message?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help. Thank you,