Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

Kindle My Kindle paperwhite has frozen. Please tell me how

Customer Question

Kindle My Kindle paperwhite has frozen. Please tell me how to restore it.
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: Purchased from Office Works Hobart Tasmania less than 6 months ago.It is an amazon Paper white.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: 3 days.Turning it off. re- charging it. Green light disappeaars as soon as it appears. No alteration to the screen. It First froze while IO was readin g
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Afraid that all I can offer
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 7 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Have you tried pushing & holding the Power On / Off button on your Kindle for about 30 seconds, then turn it back on and check?

Is there anything on the kindle's screen?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,

If needed, please connect the Kindle to a computer, if you have one, in order to charge the kindle through the computer.

- Then press and hold the Power on / off button on your kindle hard for about 60 seconds this time, then turn it back on and check.