E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

The screen is frozen with both the last page I was reading

Customer Question
and the off screen JA: What's...
The screen is frozen with both the last page I was reading and the off screen
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Not sure. Basic Kindle reader. Model no. D00901 I think the no. is so small on the back. Serial no. B008 AOAO 1124 012C
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just today. I tried holding the on button for 40 seconds. It will not turn off or on.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/31/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.
The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the kindle. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, or until the screen flashes (usually with an image of a tree), then release. Give the kindle about a minute to start back up. Note that you may need to repeat this process 4-5 times for the reset to take effect. Let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thanks,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.
Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.

No, talked to Amazon and solved it

Glad it is working for you.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,

Nathan, Technician