E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I restarted my kindle and now I only have the opening

Customer Question
'swipe' page and then all...
I restarted my kindle and now I only have the opening 'swipe' page and then all white. ??
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: There isn't anything on it apparently. I had read about 50 books on it and I wanted to get rid of the letters and make room for new books.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know model. about 2 years plus old. It is a paperwhite.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just started and I don't know how to troubleshoot.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
12/30/2016
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 1 year ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Try this please.

>press and hold the power button for 20 seconds and then release. Then when the kindle powers back on>

• try connecting to Wi-Fi follow these steps:
  • Go to the wirelees menu
  • Select Wi-Fi.
  • Ensure Wireless Networking switch is in the on position.
  • Your home network should appear in the list.
  • Tap the name of your network. A lock symbol will appear next to your network if it requires a password.
  • Enter the characters of the password ***** the onscreen keyboard.
  • If you need help locating your password ***** me know.
  • Then Tap Connect.
  • Then make sure it is registered with your Amazon account.
  • From Home, tap the Menu icon, and then tap Settings.
  • Tap Registration.
  • Choose the Amazon account you want to use on your Kindle:

Did that work?

Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician