E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My granddaughter dropped her kindle on its face and it is

Customer Question
cracked. How can we...
My granddaughter dropped her kindle on its face and it is cracked. How can we fix it?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: about 3 yrs ols. Where can I find the model?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none. She just dropped it yesterday.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: E-Readers
12/26/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 11 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Do you know if it is a color model (kindle fire) or a black and white (paperwhite)?

Is it the screen that is cracked, or the frame/case?

Is it turning on still?

It is a Kindle Fire 8.9 model, it turns on. Can we get a new screen? The screen is cracked

Thank you for confirming.

It is possible to replace the screen, but usually not practical. The cost of a new display panel plus the digitizer (touch sensor) that would be required, and the labor to replace it, will end up costing twice as much as a new kindle would: http://amzn.to/2i0qrpT

You would be better off to replace it with a new model with a fresh warranty.

When you receive your replacement kindle, once it is registered and connected to wifi, all of your existing books/purchases will sync to the new kindle, so you won’t lose any of the content you’ve previously purchased.

If you prefer to have it repaired though I can help you with repair options to send it in.

My apologies for the news,

Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Nathan, Technician