E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I moved recently and I can't remember my password for my

Customer Question
I moved recently and I...
I moved recently and I can't remember my password ***** my Nook. Is there some way I can change it to a new one?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: software version 2.2.1
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Model # BNTV400
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: It asked me for my password ***** it was just today I started with this problem.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
12/2/2016
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Richard, Customer Service

Hi there and welcome

You will need to do a full reset of the Nook, it will wipe all data and return it to new, but this cannot be avoided sorry, it is the whole reason for the lock.

To do the reset

1. Ensure your NOOKcolor is powered off; to do so, depress the power button for 5 seconds. Your LCD screen should turn off

2.With your NOOKcolor powered off, Hold the Home Key (NOOK “n,” logo below the LCD), while simultaneously depressing the Power Button for up to 25 seconds.

3. Your NOOKcolor will begin the start up process, Do NOT let go until a confirmation window appears asking if you would like to, “Factory Reset Your Device?” This will De-Register as well as erase all content and information on your NOOKcolor (Including the 4 Digit Pass-code

4. Depress the Home Key to continue with the Factory Reset

5. Depress the Home Key again to Confirm

6. Your device will now begin the clearing process. Upon completion you will regain access to your NOOKcolor however all account and personal information (email, contacts, pass-code, credit card, etc..) will be deleted from your device. You will then be able to Re-Register your NOOKcolor and start anew

Let me know how you go please

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I followed the directions but it did not clear the old password.

you were able to select the option to do Factory Reset?

ok, this would clear the passcode.

What text do you see now on the screen?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It is still saying that the wrong password ***** ***** my wifi system

ok, thats your wifi password, this is different.

Do you have a windows computer already connected to your wifi network?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
there is a windows computer connected to my wifi. I don't have the directions on how to set up my NOOK as I lost them in the move also,

Thanks

We can get the password ***** this.

Press the windows key + R and type in

ncpa.cpl

Press enter

Right click on the wireless connection and click on Status

Then click on wireless properties

Click on the Security Tab and then click on Show Characters and you can then see the wireless password ***** to use

Let me know how you go please

Richard, Customer Service