E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

The book I was reading disappeared. Why? I am not sure I

Customer Question
The book I was reading...
The book I was reading disappeared. Why?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I am not sure I think a paperwhite for books only
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing it happen once before but it came back
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 12 months ago.Category: E-Readers
11/24/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 12 months ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Aric, Technician