Nathan, Technician
Experience:  Nook, kindle & ipad expert
59725966

I have a Kindle Fire. I have a Word document on my laptop.

Customer Question

I have a Kindle Fire. I have a Word document on my laptop. Can I transfer it to my Kindle?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: just bought it at Best Buy.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: that has nothing to do with my question
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I would like to download a Word Docment from my laptop to my Kindle Fire
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Expert:  Nathan replied 9 months ago.

The file format here is important, while older word documents are fine, the newer .docx format won't work. Save your file as a word 2003 or prior form at and it will be fine.

You can plug in the kindle via usb and drag/copy the file to the "documents" folder within the kindle drive,

or you can email it to your kindle. If you go here: https://www.amazon.com/mn/dcw/myx.html#/home/settings/payment

under personal document settings, you can find (or get) an email address assigned to your kindle, anything emailed there (pdf files, text files, etc) will then show up on the kindle over wifi.

If you have any other questions, just let me know. Otherwise, please take a moment to rate my service as this is the only way I am credited for my time. Hopefully I have earned 5 Stars but if not please let me know what I can do to ensure you are satisfied. I also invite you to contact me directly with any future support needs at http://bit.ly/1QwLxGh and ask for Nathan.

Thank you, ***** ***** a nice day,