E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Old Kindle got crushed. I just bought a new Kindle

Customer Question
Paperwaite. How do I direct...
Old Kindle got crushed. I just bought a new Kindle Paperwaite. How do I direct purchases onto the new Kindle and not the old one?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
11/21/2016
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hello! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers.

Downloading Books To Kindle After Factory Reset

After setting up the Kindle, please login to your account at Amazon.com. Select YOUR ACCOUNT. From the drop down menu that appears, please select MANAGE YOUR DEVICES AND CONTENT. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver as the action. Select your NEW Kindle from the Device list. You may want to consider de-registering or deleting the old Kindle device from the DEVICES tab, so there will no confusion over which devce you're sending the books to.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem., would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you need more help, please tell me exact model of your Kindle. If you're not sure, please look for a serial number. If you can't find it on the Kindle, you can find it on the Manage Your Kindle page of your Amazon account (in the Manage Your Devices section).

I assumed that you had already setup the new Kindle. If you haven't and you need help with that, just let me now. Be sure that the new Device is setup using the same Account info (email and password ***** Amazon) that you were using on the previous Kindle.

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech