E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

I can not download a book I want to purchase. It is Four

Customer Question
swans, the sixth book in...
I can not download a book I want to purchase. It is Four swans, the sixth book in the Poldarkseries
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I don't know; it's a kindle fire.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It happened just today; one message was about my credit card,but your list includes the newest card number.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I didn't have any problem s previously.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
11/21/2016
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and download the book.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
The book did not download. Why did I have to join something just to purchase a book? I did everything correctly,so it seems like the mistake was made by the kindle connection.

It will be an issue on your setup of the Kindle.

If you open the App Store, does the Kindle show a connection?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't want any new charges. The app store is connected; I tried to purchase the book again but I got the same message: "Looks like you have purchased or borrowed The Four Swans; A Novel of Cornwall 1795-1797 (Poldark Book 6). You have not been charged again for this order". I would not be trying to buy it again if I already had it.

thanks

Go to your book list and press on Cloud

Do you then see it there?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no. Why don't you just send it and charge my card you have and stop sending m.e to look for it

I am not able to sir as you have already purchased and paid for the book as you see when you go to it.

I will though opt out of working with you further on this as I am out of ideas.

You do not need to do anything you will be contacted when another expert takes over.

Thank you

Electronics Technician: Gina-Moderator, Moderator replied 1 year ago
Gina-Moderator
Gina-Moderator, Moderator
Hi:
I'm Gina and I’m a moderator for this topic. It looks like your question may have been meant for a different company, possibly Amazon.
We, JustAnswer, match people with questions to Experts with answers in areas like Health, Pets, Computers, Taxes, Cars, Financial, Legal, Home Improvement and more.
I would be happy to try to assist you in finding the web address of the company you are looking for if you can confirm that for me.
Please let me know if you want to continue or cancel your question and I'm happy to further assist you.
Best,
Gina-Moderator
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I was talking with a kindle person trying to download a book without success. How did you get involved and are you going to charge me for my exchanges with Richard by mistake?
Hello:
I'll be sure to reverse any charges that you had with Richard as you reached JustAnswer in error. Below you'll find the link that will take you directly to Amazon's Customer Service. Just copy and paste it into your browser:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/contact-us/general-questions.html?skip=true
I apologize for the inconvenience.
Best,
Gina
Richard, Customer Service