Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My kindle can't find a wi-if network and always has before,

Customer Question

My kindle can't find a wi-if network and always has before
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle paper white and it's a couple of years old. It's been working fine
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It just started today when I was trying to download a book. I've tried entering the information from my phone's personal hot spot which I've used many times and it wouldn't connect
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just that I'd like to be able to download books like I've been doing right along
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

The check the available connections and see if you can locate your Hot Spot network. If you still can't then try rebooting your phone, then shut off the Hotspot feature, and turn it back on. Then try to connect the Kindle to it again.