Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

Do you know anything about Amazon Fire Remote? not sure it

Customer Question

do you know anything about Amazon Fire Remote?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: not sure it was working fine yesterday but when I selected the next episode, it stopped working . my internet is fine but the fire remote on my iphone and the fire remote itself won't pick up..
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just since last nite. i rebooted my router and restarted my iphone i even deleted the app on my phone and reinstalled from the cloud
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: nope
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, Please tell me exactly what you see on your TV screen when you try to view the Fire. Also is the Fire Stick or the box you have?

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Please view my reply and postback to proceed.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Do you need assistance with this? If so, are you having problems replying?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i select the HDM2 Source and screen goes blank. pressing the home button on the fire remote does nothing, nor does holding select/play for 5 seconds, on the iphone, i press the Amazon Fire app and it doesnt evev seem like itssearching fo it.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

The screen going black is not related to the remote at all, it's due to the TV losing signal from the Fire. I asked if you have the Fire "Stick" that plugs right into the TV, or do you have the "Box"- can you let me know that please so I can help?

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

The Stick sticks right into the TV, where the Box has a cable connecting it to the TV. Any ideas?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It is just a small remote. I never plugged anything in to the tv. I also think their app was just updated last nite.
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Yes, if you're selecting HDMI 2 and you have a small remote then there is indeed something plugged into the TV. You said you select HDMI 2 - so if nothing was plugging into the TV, then you would not select the HDMI 2 plug in? If you have no Firestick or box, then where did you get the remote from? This isn't lining up....

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Or, if you're unsure what you have, then reply back to the following:

1) What's the model number off the back of the TV?

2) Look at the HDMI 2 port on the back of the TV- is anything plugged in there?

3) What "Small remote" are you referring to?

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

I'm not there to see what you have, so I'm asking you to be my eyes, and help me to help you. Are you able to get any of the info requested above?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Lets just skip it, ok? Im handicapped and cannot pull out my tv anyway. I dont expect to be charged for this exchange though.