GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Have difficulties deleting some items from my kindle. also,

Customer Question

have difficulties deleting some items from my kindle. also, can i delete archives items?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: it is an amazon kindle, i don't know what model and is about 4 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i didn't try trouble shooting. for the last coupe of months i couldn't get any books on it, it kept saying that i have no room on it but i could read on my i-pad. i did delete a few books but some of them refuse to disappear
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: what do you suggest?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

I believe that the best thing to do in this situation is to reset your Kindle back to factory defaults.

Please do the following:

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button or switch in the OFF position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

Be sure that when you set it up again you use the same Amazon account info (email address and password) that you were previously using.

Next, login to your account at Amazon.com. Select YOUR ACCOUNT. From the drop down menu that appears, please select MANAGE YOUR DEVICES AND CONTENT. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver as the action. Select your device from the Device list. If you have more than one Kindle, make sure that you choose the Kindle that you are actively using. Don't select the Kindle Cloud reader unless you have downloaded the Kindle Cloud Reader APP to a computer or device other than your Kindle and wish to read it there.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 8 months ago.

Please let me know how this works for you. If you need clarification on any of the steps or have additional questions I am happy to assist. I am committed to working with you until the problem is fully resolved.

When your problem has been resolved, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it!. As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating. You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!