GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

It suddenly stopped connecting to wifi automaticslly, One

Customer Question

It suddenly stopped connecting to wifi automaticslly
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: One year old Where do I go for the make and model. It's a kindle fite
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've turned it off. I've tried to remember my password ***** wifi but it's been a year. I did get a message that it updated. Could that have caused it.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I use the hotspot off my iPhone for wifi
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. On your SETTINGS and PERSONAL HOTSPOT. Please make sure that it is turned on. Tap on Personal HOTSPOT and it should display the wifi password ***** you. Please make sure that is the password ***** you are entering into your Kindle for wifi.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting. If you find that you do still need help, please got to SETTINGS on your Kindle Fire and about and try to find the model number of your Fire. Thank you!