Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

ApparentlyI incorrectly inserted the power cord to the unit

Customer Question

ApparentlyI incorrectly inserted the power cord to the unit and damagiong the contact prongs. Cane these be repaired? Tnks***@******.***
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: AllI can see is that it is an Amazon kindle but do not see where the model # is. The unit is about 3 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just today when the low batter light came on
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thank you.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. When the USB charge port is damaged like this, it does at the very least require replacement of the jack, and in some cases the entire Mainboard of the Kindle. In the latter case, you can still transfer all of your books and downloaded content directly from your Amazon account onto the unit with the new Mainboard.

For repairs, Amazon does not repair these directly. Instead there are 3rd party repair services available on the web. I would suggest contacting:

http://www.missionrepair.com

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news here and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen (scroll up the page to get to the STARS). That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

You can also call them directly at:

1-***-***-****

Let me know if you need further assistance with this.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?