Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I updated by Kindle before Mar2016 and it has been

Customer Question

I updated by Kindle before Mar2016 and it has been connecting to the internet just fine. I tried yesterday and today at home and other places and it won't connect. What should I do?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle 2.5.8 (55370010) SN B003B0A200331643
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just yesterday and today. It is an older version, what troubleshooting can I do?
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Let me know if the Kindle is able to connect to the internet once those steps are done please.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
It appears to be working.
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.
Excellent and I'm glad to hear that. Could you please click a positive rating for my service?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Eric was very helpful
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Thank you. There's some stars if you scroll up the page that need to be clocked on otherwise I am not credited for helping you.