Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

If I can no longer get my older Kindle to charge, is there

Customer Question

if I can no longer get my older Kindle to charge, is there any way to access or replace the battery?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Not sure. Will serial # help?
JA: I'm sorry but I'm not sure we have an expert who covers what you are looking for. Maybe if you give me more details I will find you a connection to someone who can help you.
Customer: Current Kindle version 6.3.4
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I ended up with a black screen Jan 2016. I ordered a new Kindle Fire then. Recently came across this one, it charged up fine, have used it since then, but now with only 15% charge left, cannot get it to take a charge.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really, thank you.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The Kindle Fire appears, the button stays green for seconds, but it doesn't show it is charging at all.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, it is not worth $20 at this point. I have working Kindle. I was hoping to use the older one for my grandson. Is this a phishing scam for more money?
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

No it is not a scam... as you read it is offering the service for a phone call which you can ignore.

Leave the kindle on the charger for 30 minutes then repeat the instructions we just did

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I will do that. Will I be charged for the text message from you and the initial connection to Just Answer? I can't afford this service. I was trying for the trial offer.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 months ago.

We are not a free service of course but you will need to speak to customer services