Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have had my Kindle Paperwhite barely two years. I real

Customer Question

I have had my Kindle Paperwhite barely two years. I real every night for an hour or two. I have never let the battery run completely down as it got sluggish when it was low. Recently it is sluggish and unresponsive most of the time. If the battery is low at all (around 1/2) it will freeze up and the print will jumble. Is there anything that can be done. It seems a little expensive to pay $120 for only two years use?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I bought it two years ago at Best Buy. It is a Paperwhite.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: What sort of troubleshooting can I do???
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I don't know what else to tell you?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.