E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My Kindle (not used for a while) just sits there and gives

Customer Question
me an error message if...
My Kindle (not used for a while) just sits there and gives me an error message if I try ot do anything -- no books showing, nothing. I can't slide the gray cover on the back to the right in order to do a reset.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: D01200
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just tried to restart it after several months off. Can't remove back or get it to do anything.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
11/7/2016
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 1 year ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle and use

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Richard, Customer Service