Josh, Technician
Experience:  E-reader expert
50836188

I have just purchased another kindle as my first kindle does

Customer Question

I have just purchased another kindle as my first kindle does not work any longer. I cannot understand when I close my kindle and then open it later it remains dead until I press the button at the bottom of the kindle. Before I only had to swipe the page to open the kindle . Why is this , what is the matter?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I only purchased it a week ago
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Since I received the new kindle it has been this way. As I said before if I press the restart button I can get it back . otherwise it is dead
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No I want to be able to swipe the page as before to open it
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

Hello, You were talking to a computer above- not an actual person. I am the actual tech here to assist you.

What specific model Kindle did you just purchase please? Also is it the exact same model as the one you purchased before?

There's about a dozen different Kindle models out there, so I would need specifics in order to help you.

Expert:  Aric replied 10 months ago.

I was just wondering if you needed assistance with the question you posted.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
When I open my kiindle it is totally dead and I have to switch on the button at the bottem to get it to start every time. I have a paperwhite
Expert:  Josh replied 10 months ago.

Hi!

A new expert here --

Please press and hold down the power button for 25-30 seconds until the Kindle restarts

If that does not work, then please respond back and let me know so I can continue to troubleshoot.