Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I've lost the bottom third of my screen. Purchased Jan,

Customer Question

I've lost the bottom third of my screen.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Purchased Jan, 2014. Amazon Kindle
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Stsrted with my last charge. I've shaken and tapped
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

If those steps do not work, then please let me know the following:

1) Was the Kindle possibly dropped, jarred, or had pressure put on that part of the screen?

2) What model Kindle do you have here (Paperwhite, Kindle Fire 7 HDX, etc.)?

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Are you getting any response out of the dead part of the screen after trying the reboot?