Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

When I switch on my kindle touch I get screen saying Enter

Customer Question

When I switch on my kindle touch I get screen saying Enter Passcode, I do not have one, I just got a new password ***** that is not the same, is it? what do I do now?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: I have no idea got it as a present about 4+ years ago; where can I see what make/model it is?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: for about 3 weeks and I have tried anything the users guide told me to do
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: well, lately when I tried a book I wanted to read, the downloading did not work so I have about 4 to 5 books ordered and paid for but could never get them unloaded whatever I tried, touching the asked for bookcover etc.etc.
JA: The ereader specialist's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost.
Customer: I just gave you my mastercard details so what am I supposed to do now???I do not want you to charge me if you cannot help me, sorry.
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: I understand that would make 39 ausstr. dollars altogether and that is fine by me, just get the problem solved???
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Cris replied 8 months ago.

Hi, thanks for using JustAnswer.com I am Cris.

Can you tell me what Kindle model you have? Kindle Touch, Fire, Paperwhite?