Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I have a regular kindle. Black and is too bright for me. I

Customer Question

I have a regular kindle. Black and white is too bright for me. I also have physical limitations. It'd be nice to have a mouse or device to turn pages on my kindle, but I've never found one. My autoimmune problems make it hard for me to read a book or anything that requires use of my arms. Other than a foot pedal for musicians, is there anything out there for the regular kindle to help people like me to turn pages?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It's about three years old. (Trying to findspecifics).
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's not a matter of troubleshooting. I'd love it if I could attach an ergonomic mouse to my kindle so my right hand wouldn't hurt so bad when I'd like to turn the page. I have sharp pain most the time along my pinky and ring fingers (thankfully I don't use those fingers for the mouse on my computer, and just tough it out on an ergonomic keyboard when typing.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. Thanks.
Category: E-Readers
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Kindle Model No. D01200. Honestly, though, I'd be fine with any Kindle e-Reader (not black and white nor Fire).
Expert:  Louie replied 11 months ago.

Hi and welcome to the site, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.

Initially and on "...too bright...", have you tried turning on Nightlight ? ...this is to gradually reduce the screen brightness over time.

To use the Nightlight feature, tap the Menu icon, and then select Settings > Device Options > Screen Light.