Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

My kindle won't turn on. The battery was low so I charged it

Customer Question

My kindle won't turn on. The battery was low so I charged it and now it won't turn on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: It is not my TV just my kindle e reader. It is just a plain Amazon kindle
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: This just started 2 days ago and don't know what kind of troubleshooting to do
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: The e reader is probably 4 years old and I have to have to charging cable just right to make a connection
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 8 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Please press and hold (or slide and hold) the power on / off button / switch on the kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

If needed, charge the kindle, and while charging it, hold the power on / off button switch on the kindle hard this time for about 60 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- If needed, charge the kindle another way by connecting the kindle to the computer (make sure computer is turned on), then hold the power on / off button / switch for about 45 seconds again, then turn on and check.

When you are available, please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,