Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My Kindle will not come on. I have recharged but now when I

Customer Question

my Kindle will not come on. I have recharged but now when I turn on the green light comes on and then goes off. My screen is blank.
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: D01200 and I have never had this problem.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I took off charge this morning and went to turn on and nothing. I have tried no troubleshooting.
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

If the device still does not work beyond that, then please reply back with the AGE of the unit- and we can proceed.
If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Please review my reply and try those steps. If you don't have any luck, then simply reply back. Thank you.