Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I have bought kindle books on line for years and they are

Customer Question

I have bought kindle books on line for years and they are transmitted wirelessly to my kindle device. The last two that I have bought have not come through. Why is this?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: How do I determine this?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I rang you yesterday and spoke to a man who suggested that my kindle was not connected to Wifi, but nothing has changed in that regard. As I have successfully bought a great many books in the past, why has this problem suddenly emerged?
JA: Anything else you want the ereader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: NO
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Which model kindle do you have, and for how long have you had it?
When was the last time a purchased book did work properly on it?

If you go into the kindle menu, under device or about, it should show a software version (firmware) there, can you tell me what you see?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Kindle4.1.3(###) ###-####. Had it for some years.Purchased books work fine.There is no software version shown.Kindle shows no wifi signal but strong signal still coming to my PC.
Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

The software version is listed within the kindle settings menu, and that is an absolutely critical piece of information to be able to fix this.

Expert:  Nathan replied 11 months ago.

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.