Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Kindle Fire. I have had it for 2 or 4 years, and it

Customer Question

I have a Kindle Fire. I have had it for 2 or 4 years, and it will not charge
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: E0682?
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It started yesterday. I haven t tried anytyhing
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

If those steps do not work, it would be worth purchasing another charge cable, or at least trying another mini USB charge cable to see if that's the cause of the issue.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Generally it is a software issue which can be fixed by the reboot, but beyond that you're looking at either the charge cable, or possible the internal battery. A new charge cable can be purchased at the link below:

http://www.cellularoutfitter.com/amazon/kindle-fire/phone-chargers/micro-usb-home-and-travel-charger.html?DZID=PPC_Google_PLA_247_2_10430&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=247_2_10430&utm_campaign=PLA&gclid=CjwKEAjw19vABRCY2YmkpO2OzTsSJAAzEt8s_zPjy87LVgBhjzaRRzbUSGNN5RFsYxRCg8qq5dLjdhoCHr_w_wcB

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Beyond the reboot and cable the issue would be internal to the Fire and require a new battery, or re-soldering of the charge port contacts. In this case you can use the link below to locate a Kindle repair service:

http://www.missionrepair.com

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I do not want you to keep charging me for this service. I will not contact you again
Do not contact me please