GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience supporting electronics of all kinds
76665483

Why does our Amazon Echo keep shutting off when asking her

Customer Question

Why does our Amazon Echo keep shutting off when asking her questions?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Model #sk705di, we just got it from QVC
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just hooked it up yesterday
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

If you're having trouble with your Echo device, the first thing you should do is restart your device first to see if it resolves your problem. To restart your Echo device, unplug the power adapter from the back of the device or from the wall outlet. Then, plug the power adapter back in.

If that does not resolve the problem, you may need to reset it. Resetting your device will restore it to "out of the box" condition , just as it was when you first got it. It does require that you set it up again.

To reset your Echo device:

1. Use a paper clip (or similar tool) to press and hold the Reset button for five seconds. You can find the Reset button at the base of your device. After you press and hold the Reset button, the light ring on your Echo device turns orange, and then blue.
  2. Wait for the light ring to turn off and on again. The light ring then turns orange, and your Echodevice enters setup mode.
  3. Open the Alexa app to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and register it to your Amazon account. To learn more, go to:
Expert:  GeekGal replied 11 months ago.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problemPlease give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem, or if you need help seeting the device up again, be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.