Dan T.
Dan T., Master Technician
Experience:  DoD master electronics technician
42300671

I am so disappointed with this Kindle Fire. I have had it

Customer Question

I am so disappointed with this Kindle Fire. I have had it for three years; and besides having rather poor operating directions, I never seem to get a response when I need one. About two weeks ago I asked for hep in changing the language on my keyboard...no response. I have tried to stream an Amazon movie using my Prime Account...no luck. Are you able to help me?
JA: No. I'm the eReader Specialist's Assistant.
Customer: Who can help me?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle Fire HD8.9
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just following what little information is available in the operating instructions
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Dr. Fix-It replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is Shaw aka Dr.Fix-It , Your online expert ready to assist you...

Is your Kindle Fire connected to your home WIFI now? To verify on your Kindle Fire try to open web page to see if can access the internet?

Next try a soft reset by holding down the power button for a full 45 seconds, after 45 seconds release the power button to allow it to reboot and once restarted check if the issue still present?

1. Swipe down from the top of the screen to show Quick Settings, and then tap Wireless.
  2. Verify that Airplane Mode is Off.
  3. Next to Wi-Fi, tap On.
  4. Tap a network to connect to it. If you see a lock icon, a network password ***** ***** Enter the Wi-Fi network password, and then tap Connect.

Note: If you don't know the password, check with the person who set up the network. This password ***** ***** your Amazon account password.

After you connect to a Wi-Fi network, your Kindle Fire automatically connects to the network again when it's in range.

If still have an issue streaming video, How are you accessing the video?

1. From Home, tap Videos, and then swipe from the left edge of the screen to open the navigation panel.
  2. Tap Your Video Library, and then tap Cloud
  3. Select the Movies or TV tabs to locate the titles you want to stream or download:
    • To stream a video, tap the Watch Now button or the play icon.
    • To download your video, tap the Download button or the arrow icon.

Please give it a try and let me know if have any questions along the way or if would prefer to get a phone call to discuss with a reply below....only rate my answer ok, great, or EXCELLENT after we have worked on the issue together to your satisfaction. Bonuses are welcomed & appreciated. I look forward to any future inquires as well, Thank You