Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

My paper is 2years .The battery will not hold a charge. When

Customer Question

My paper White is 2years .The battery will not hold a charge. When I charge it and then turn it on, battery goes from fully charged to half charged instanly
JA: What's the exact make and model of your printer, and can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: battery will not hold charge
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: this has been going on for a few days.. Have just returned from hospital used it there, worked fine. No idea about troubleshooting.. sorry!!
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 8 months ago.

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

unfortunately this sounds like it might be a hardware issue. We will need to rule out the possibility of a firmware issue by resetting the software, using a force reset method while connected to USB charger and a wall outlet adapter. If this fails then there is an hardware issue on the device that software troubleshooting can't resolve.

• Try these steps please>Connect the usb charger to the kindle and a wall outlet charger.
  • Then Slide or press and hold the power switch for 40 second, then release.
  • Wait 15 minutes then power on and check. If that fails and you are sure that the charger is working properly then that means the kindle has a hardware failure.

Usually the cost to repair is too much and the best option is to purchase a new or refurbished kindle which is a good value,

You can read the books from another device or computer while you are getting the kindle replaced with the Kindle app which is available for most major smartphones, tablets and computers. That means with your free Kindle reading apps, you can buy a Kindle book once, and read it on any device with the Kindle app installed.

Let me know what happens please.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Randy Did as you suggested...no go,,,,,,,this solve the Christmas Present dilemma....Thanks anyway Auna-Marie

Your welcome!

Please let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Thank you!