Viet - E-reader Tech
Viet - E-reader Tech, Technician
Experience:  Troubleshoot issues with E-readers.
30037186

Kindle won't turn on, no problem in past and we have two and

Customer Question

Kindle won't turn on
JA: What's the make and model of your tv, and has turning it on been a problem in the past?
Customer: no problem in past and we have two and mine is still working
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just about one hour ago tried different plugs but other wise I am total dumb when it comes to fixing these
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I just bought it for my husband for Christmas
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Viet - E-reader Tech replied 11 months ago.

I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please press and hold (or slide and hold) the power on / off button / switch on your kindle for about 45 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

Please reply at the box below to continue. Thank you,

If needed, please also charge the Kindle on a computer if you have, then press and hold (or slide and hold) the power on / off button / switch on the kindle hard this time for about 60 seconds, then turn it back on and check.

- Is there any power / light on the kindle? Is there anything on the kindle's screen after trying the above step?

Please type at the box below, then click on the Send button below to communicate with me, so I can help further. Thank you,