E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

How do I archive the books I've read on my kindle to make

Customer Question
more memory space JA: What's the...
how do I archive the books I've read on my kindle to make more memory space
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Not sure it is just a Kindle approximately 5 to 6 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I have been unable to open the book I was reading. The following message appeared: There is not enough Kindle memory to open selected item. Please make more Kindle memory by removing content from Home.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I was unable to move from page 1 and I have no idea where to find home
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
10/24/2016
Electronics Technician: Randy Boman, Technician replied 1 year ago
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician

Hi ,

My name is***** am sorry to hear that you are having this issue.

I will be glad to assist you with this.

Try this please>

If your kindle has a touchscreen follow these steps, if it is older follow the steps at bottom please>

1. Tap the Books tab from the navigation bar at the top of the screen. Use the touchscreen to scroll through and find the title you want to archive.

• Don’t worry about removing a title from your device: once you purchase content from the Amazon store, it will always be stored on the Amazon Cloud for you to access, even if you’ve removed it from your device.
  2. Remove the book from your device. Tap the name of the book and hold it. When a box pops up, select Remove from Device.

OLDER KINDLES

Find the book you want to archive. Select Home, which is where all your downloads are displayed. Use the five-way controller to scroll through until you’ve underlined the title. Remove the book from your device. Highlight the title and move left with the five-way controller. A box will pop up, and when it does, scroll through the options until you find Remove from Device. Select that option to archive your book.Let me know if this does not work and we can try another solution.Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.Thank you!
Randy Boman
Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician