Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a Kindle fire. I have a Kindle charger. My kindle

Customer Question

I have a Kindle fire. I have a Kindle charger. My kindle will not charge up. The kindle is authorized to Shirley Wolfenbarger shirleys kindle 3
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Hello Shirley and sorry you're having problems. It's possible that the Kindle charger or cable has failed and is what is causing the problem. I am going to give you some reboot steps to try, but if they do not work then you will need to purchase and try a new charger (I will help you with that below as well).

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

I that does not work to restore operation to the Kindle, then put it back on the charger for 15 minutes (since it may have been locked up prior to that) then after 15 minutes try those reboot steps again. If the issue goes beyond that then your next step would be to purchase a new charger which can be found at the link below for your Kindle Fire:

http://www.cellularoutfitter.com/amazon/kindle-fire-hd/phone-chargers/micro-usb-home-and-travel-charger.html?DZID=PPC_Google_PLA_247_2_10451&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_term=247_2_10451&utm_campaign=PLA&gclid=Cj0KEQjwnKzABRDy2pb7nPSazdsBEiQAI4lZQLxhMwIww3H0JJHC0NfA7Fu67MonsdFNOCw-Z_sPrucaAp2r8P8HAQ

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

If you're still running into issues then please let me know which Kindle Fire you have and the rough AGE of the unit and we can proceed.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
will not start. I have a kindle fire fx less than a year old charger is less than 3 months old
Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Okay, that indicated the processor in the Fire has failed and requires repairs/replacement. There are n pushbutton fixes for this beyond what you've tried above here I'm afraid. However the good news is that since the Fire is UNDER a year old, that Amazon will cover the repairs or replacement (at their discretion) of this unit under their one year Warranty. You would need to contact Amazon directly at this point and have them start a warranty ticket on the device. Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

Expert:  Aric replied 9 months ago.

I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for-could you please kindly rate my service POSITIVELY (by clicking a 3-5 star rating at the top of the page) to reflect that? Thanks in advance.