Randy Boman
Randy Boman, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Technician
62741268

I have Kindle for PC. I cannot upen all of my downloaded

Customer Question

i have Kindle for PC. I cannot upen all of my downloaded ebooks. The ebooks with a blue book beside the title are ok. But otherhave adobe or the interenet , these will not open
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Randy Boman replied 10 months ago.

Kindle for PC requires the eBook to be PDF or mobi. format. You can cinvert any ebooks that are not the correct format. Download and install free third-party software, such as Calibre and eBook Converter (links in Resources), which convert most digital documents into MOBI or PDF formats. Open the third-party e-book in Calibre and eBook Converter by selecting the "File" menu and clicking "Open." Choose the e-book, click "Open," click "Convert" and choose a format, such as PDF or MOBI. You are prompted to save the files formatted for your Kindle on your computer's local drive. Visit the Zamzar Web app to convert e-books without installing software (link in Resources). Click "Choose Files," select "MOBI" or "PDF" from the "Convert Files To" drop-down menu, enter you email address in the provided field, and click "Convert." Zamzar sends your converted e-book as an attachment, which can be saved to your hard drive.

RESOURCES

http://calibre-ebook.com/download

.

http://www.zamzar.com/

.

Let me know how it goes please.

Expert:  Randy Boman replied 9 months ago.

did that work for you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
its all ok . youhad some questions for me to clarify my question. But all worked out OK
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: its a Toshiba laptop its about4 years o0ld. But no problem now. I found the files
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshootinghave you tried?
Customer: no trouble searching . just searched the files. Found them in a odd place. But its just a matter of reorganising my files

That's great!

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance,

Also, please take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top then click submit.

Thank you!