E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Have an old kindle and it will not recognize I have changed

Customer Question
my old credit card to...
have an old kindle and it will not recognize I have changed my old credit card to a valid amazon card
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: old. maybe 2012?cant make out the model no. w a magnifiying glass
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: everything it will let me do. have a confirmation page that says I have successfully changed my card and to go to kindle store and shop. when I hit buy the same little screen pops up and says I have an invalid credit card. I have restarted the kindle thinking that would help but so far to no avail.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
10/21/2016
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hi there. My name is*****'m sorry that you're having this problem. It would be my pleasure to help you resolve it. Before troubleshooting the Kindle, please click on the following link and login to your Amazon account. Scroll down to Amazon Wallet > Payment Methods and click on Manage Payment Options to be sure that your new payment information has been saved to your account. If it has not, please add it and save it and then sync the Kindle. If it is already there, please continue with these instructions:

This problem and many others are often the result of a "glitch" in the software. Luckily, it is easily fixed by resetting the Kindle to Factory Settings and setting it up again. Please don't be concerned about losing your books. The books that you have purchased from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

Please do the following:

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button or switch in the OFF position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

If this did not work for you, please tell me exact model of your Kindle. If you're not sure, please look for a serial number. If you can't find it on the Kindle itself, you can find it on the Manage Your Kindle page of your Amazon account (in the Manage Your Devices section).

Downloading Books To Kindle After Factory Reset

After resetting the Kindle, just make sure when you set it back up that you use the same Amazon email address and password ***** you are currently using. After setting up the Kindle, please login to your account at Amazon.com. Select YOUR ACCOUNT. From the drop down menu that appears, please select MANAGE YOUR DEVICES AND CONTENT. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver as the action. Select your device from the Device list. If you have more than one Kindle, make sure that you choose the Kindle that you are actively using. Don't select the Kindle Cloud reader unless you have downloaded the Kindle Cloud Reader APP to a computer or device other than your Kindle and wish to read it there.

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? You can give your rating by selecting the stars located on the top right of the question page. I'd really appreciate it! Without a positive rating I am not credited for my answer. If this doesn't solve the problem be sure to let me know so we can continue troubleshooting.

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech