Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Avid repairer and trouble shooter of E-Readers
32989067

I have a Nook soft Model # BNTV250 and I can't download apps

Customer Question

I have a Nook soft Model # BNTV250 and I can't download apps to it. It says "Sorry, a problem has occurred. Please try again. If you continue to receive this error, visit nook.com/tablet/support for help"
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Model BNTV250 Software version 1.4.3
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I haven't tried anything because I'm not sure what to do. I've had this nook for several years. I've only noticed it within the last 6 months.
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No. I think that's all. I did download/purchase a book today and that worked fine.
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.

This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.

Remove the charger from the Nook and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.

Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Nook and download apps.

Let me know the results please

Thank you

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
still doesn't work
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm not paying another $20 to talk to a person when I've just paid $28 to have it not work.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Hi there,

The offer for a phone call is optional you can just ignore it.

Do you see the Nook connected to your wifi network?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it's connected to wi-fi
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

thanks

The second most likely cause is lack of storage space to download the app.

If you go to your storage, how much free space do you have?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have 725 MB free of 1.07 GB
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
B & N Content Storage Available I have 7.08 GB free of 12.75 GB
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

Thanks

We will then need to do a reset of the Nook and reload the firmware, as the firmware has become corrupted and it needs to be reinstalled.

This will remove all your content and return it to new, but you cannot avoid this, but once you register it again you can download your books and apps

To do the reset

With it powered on, press Settings on the touch pad, then Device, then "Unregister your Nook", Confirm.

Then below it, press "reset to factory settings", Confirm.

It will then reboot

Once done, set it up again and your apps should be downloadable

Let me know please how you go.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm not going to reset my nook. I have had several problems with nook before, so I think I'll wait and purchase a kindle. Thank you. And please cancel my membership to Just answer.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok... but the reset will resolve the issue for you...

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I understand that, but first of all - I'm at work and have no time to do it. Secondaly I'm annoyed that I have to do it. So, with that said. Please cancel my membership. Thank you.
Expert:  Richard replied 11 months ago.

ok, I am sorry I annoyed you, I will cancel ask customer service to cancel your membership so you do not have to pay me for the service you received from me