info tech
info tech, Technician
Experience:  E-Reader Expert
18621325

My 3rd generation kindle fire has just died completely....it

Customer Question

my 3rd generation kindle fire has just died completely....it is charged to 72 percent..i was on facebook lo0oking into western journal9ism.No power no settings will not chaarge no sound.. nothing. May be I need a new one or just hacked? Thank you Irene
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Sorry i dont know the make or model...It is probably four years old...lots of use.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just this afternoon and I can't even get into trouble shooting.Even tried holding the power button at least 10-to 15 seconds
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just one more thing.. How do I transfer all my info to the new Kindle fire?
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  info tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello

Welcome Irene

Please reset the kindle by holding down the on/off switch for 40 seconds (use a watch to time) ignore any messages the kindle may display, then release your finger the kindle should reboot and re-load the operating system, you may have to do this both on and off the charger and upto 4 times before it resets.

Let me know if you have any issues

A positive rating is appreciated thank you a rating of 3 to 5 stars with the rating bar of stars at the top of your page allows me to receive credit from the site thank you

Regards

Anthony