E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

PW. I,m on page 482 of 748 and my nook won't let me turn

Customer Question
Hi PW. I,m on page...
Hi PW. I,m on page 482 of 748 and my nook won't let me turn forward. A banner recently appeared "lend me". Eli
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Nook color bnrv200
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: three weeks. No troubleshooting
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: WIFI has been a problem
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
10/12/2016
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 1 year ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble with this but I'll do my best to help you.

This symptom can indicate several possible issues: an internal hardware failure, a low/faulty battery, or just a simple memory/firmware glitch.

The first step here will be to attempt to reboot the nook. This is done by pressing/sliding and holding the power button for 30+ seconds, then release. Give the nook about a minute to start back up, and let me know if the problem persists, we can then try some further steps.

Thank you,

Do you need more help with this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Rate what? You didn't answer anything so you didn't solve anything.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my money back

I provided one initial step for you to take, and asked you to reply back with the results so that we could try additional steps if needed.

This is intended to be an ongoing converstion, an instant fix is not always possible so communication back and forth is necessary.

That rating indicates that you may not understand the answer provided, or need additional information. I am here to help, and would be happy to work with you further if there is anything additional I can do to assist you. To explain how the site works, the rating process does not initiate a refund or have any other affect other than to rate the service that I personally have provided in my efforts to help you - that is blaming me personally for your nook problem, which is held against my professionaly reputation and jeopardizes my livlihood when I'm simply trying to help you.

I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to communicate with you further to resolve this issue for you.

Best regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can move forward to the next chapter and scroll back. I can move to earlier chapters and move page at a time forward until I hit 482.

Okay that is a bit different than your initial question then, and indicates a problem with this particular title, not with the nook itself.

Go to the home/library page, touch and hold on this title, then remove (delete) the book from the nook.

Reboot again (same as we did earlier), then go into your "cloud" library on the nook (purchases/history) and download the book again, and it should function normally at that point.

Thank you,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm not going to delete a book I paid for and hope to get it back. I'm not going to spend more money to talk on the phone!

Deleting the book only removes it temporarily from the nook.

It is purchased and is saved in your BN account, the nook deletion has no affect at all on that.

You are also seeing an optional call offer generated by the site, you may disregard that if not wanted.

To continue on here, under the fee you have already paid, deleting the book (temporarily) and then downloading it again (at no cost, it is under your original purchase still), is the necessary next step in resolving this.

Nathan, Technician