E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Second opinion] - My Kindle Paperwhite on Home page, shows 2

Customer Question
pages available. I am unable...
Second opinion] - My Kindle Paperwhite on Home page, shows 2 pages available. I am unable to get off page 1. When I tap on the right edge of the screen, I do not go to page 2. In stead, the book title opposite where I tapped highlights and that book opens.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/1/2016
Electronics Technician: GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech replied 1 year ago
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech

Hello! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. This problem and many others are often the result of a "glitch" in the software. Luckily, it is easily fixed.

Please do the following:

Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button or switch in the OFF position for about 20 seconds.

Release the button or switch, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.

If this doesn't work, please repeat the steps and this time hold the power button or switch in the off position for a full 40 seconds. This should reset the Kindle to factory defaults. You will know that it successfully reset to factory defaults, if it reset the Kindle back to the way it was when you took it out of the box. Did it do that? If not, please try it again, being sure to hold the power button for a FULL 40 seconds. If it did require you to set it up again, then the factory reset was successful.

If you do have to reset it to factory defaults, you don't have to be concerned about losing your books. The books that you have purchased from your Kindle will continue to be available at the Amazon website under My CONTENT if you should wish to download them again at some point in the future.

If it was not successful (it didn't require you to set it up again), IF your Kindle is a Fire(at least 2nd generation), you should be able to a factory reset from here. Go to My Account > Manage you content and Devices and click on the device tab. If it is available, you'll see REMOTE FACTORY RESET as an option in the drop down menu under DEVICE ACTIONS. Please note: The Fire’s battery needs to be charged to at least 30% and it must be connected to a Wi-Fi network. If this doesn't work, or of the option is not available for your Kindle, please let me know. Thank you!

Downloading Books To Kindle After Factory Reset

After resetting the Kindle, just make sure when you set it back up that you use the same Amazon email address and password ***** you are currently using. After setting up the Kindle, please login to your account at Amazon.com. Select YOUR ACCOUNT. From the drop down menu that appears, please select MANAGE YOUR DEVICES AND CONTENT. On the page that appears next, you will see a CONTENT Tab and a DEVICES Tab. On the CONTENT tab you will see all of your Kindle book purchases. You can sort them by title, author or purchase date. Please locate the book that you want to download to your Kindle, select it by checking it and then click on the ACTIONS column. Choose deliver as the action. Select your device from the Device list. If you have more than one Kindle, make sure that you choose the Kindle that you are actively using. Don't select the Kindle Cloud reader unless you have downloaded the Kindle Cloud Reader APP to a computer or device other than your Kindle and wish to read it there.

Please do the following:

If the information that I have provided has been helpful, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! As an independent contractor for just answer, I do not receive credit for my answer and I am not compensated in any way without a rating. If you need more help, please tell me exact model of your Kindle. If you're not sure, please look for a serial number. If you can't find it on the Kindle itself, you can find it on the Manage Your Kindle page of your Amazon account (in the Manage Your Devices section).

Me

Please give this a try and let me know how it works for you. If this solves the problem., would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it! Without a rating I am not credited for my answer. If you need more help, please tell me exact model of your Kindle. If you're not sure, please look for a serial number. If you can't find it on the Kindle, you can find it on the Manage Your Kindle page of your Amazon account (in the Manage Your Devices section).

GeekGal
GeekGal
GeekGal, Electronics Support Tech