E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My nook just sits her displaying "99%", can't turn it on or

Customer Question
off JA: What's the make/model of...
my nook just sits her displaying "99%", can't turn it on or off
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: how can I get make/model? it's about 4 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: it's been about 2 weeks - can't do any trouble shooting, just battery recharging when it runs down
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have no other info
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/30/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Nook locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Nook for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Nook into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If you need further assistance let me know. Before you go, PLEASE DO click at least a 3 STAR RATING, at the top of your screen. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.

Aric, Technician