E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

Bought my kindle fire last December and I love it! however

Customer Question
the charger I received with...
Bought my kindle fire last December and I love it! however the charger I received with it does not fit tight into the charging dock now and it's hard to get it charged. Is it the fire or do I need a new charger?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: It isn't quite a year old. It is device Model Fire (5th generation) serial number G000 H404 5374 OATU
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: About a month. I have tried turning it off and on. When I go to charge it I have to set it propped on something to keep the charger pointed up and down doesn't charge well
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No that's the only problem I have. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
9/26/2016
Electronics Technician: Josh, Technician replied 1 year ago
Josh, Technician

Hi!

This issue is usually the Kindle charging port.

The good news is that your Kindle is still under warranty and you can receive a replacement!

Once you receive the replacement, you can register the Kindle and all of your books will appear again.

Please call Amazon here ---> 1-***-***-**** in the US

Let them know that your Kindle has hardware issues and you need a replacement

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Hi!

It has been a while since we spoke last -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Hi again,

I am just checking back in because I have not heard from you in a while -- If you can rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you and mark the question as helped.

Josh, Technician