E-Readers

Ask an E-Readers Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

E-Readers

My books won't open. Kindle fire. about 2 years old, I was

Customer Question
My books won't open. JA: What's...
My books won't open.
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: Kindle fire. about 2 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I was reading this morning & the screen froze. So I turned it off. When I turned it back on, it was on the home screen but when I tap the book, it won't open
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no, that's it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: E-Readers
9/15/2016
Electronics Technician: Aric, Technician replied 1 year ago
Aric, Technician

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site.
Please keep in mind rating me does not close the question in any way- it simply ensures I am paid for my time spent trying to help you. You can follow up at any time at no additional cost.

Are you still having the same problem? Is there any response from the Kindle at all?

Hello, I was just following up to see if you needed further help. The site shows that since the question is open that you are still looking for help. Or, if you received the information you were looking for- please kindly RATE my service POSITIVELY to reflect that. Thank you.

Aric, Technician