Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Cannot turn power on, why? model d00901, about 5yrs old,

Customer Question

cannot turn power on, why?
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: model d00901, about 5yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: just happened last night. what can I try
JA: Anything else you want the eReader expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: E-Readers
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I'll be assisting you. I'm sorry you're having problems.

The problem you're having is often due to the software in the Kindle locking up and it needing to be rebooted. To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 40 FULL seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot (do no press anything else within that minute).
If this does not cure the issue, try that reset up to THREE TIMES and wait the full minute to see if it reboots.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
tried rebooting three times still wont work
Expert:  Aric replied 11 months ago.

Okay that's bad news, since those are the only steps on a user level you can take to fix this. Did you also plug into the charger for 15 and try them again as I asked? If so, and with the same response, your Kindle has failed - which is not uncommon in the 5 year range for these units. In that case, your options are

A) Repairs. www.missionrepair.com offers full Kindle repair services starting at $90 and can repair your device.

Or...

B) Replacement of the Kindle (recommended). All of your books and downloaded content can be transferred to the new Kindle without having to purchase them again.

Other than that, I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix.

If you need further assistance let me know. Also, please do click a 3-5 STAR rating for my efforts before you go. That is how I am credited for my efforts by the site. You can follow up any time as needed at no additional cost.